KASKTAŞ is proud to be the first Turkish company to be certified to the OHSAS 18001: Occupational Health & Safety Management System and the ISO 14001: Environmental Management System in geotechnical engineering.
KASKTAŞ is also aware that its success in domestic and international projects is due to its personnel, whose wellbeing is of the utmost importance, and the reason why the company believes in the great value of its occupational health, safety and environmental regulations. It is also why the company endeavors to diminish the negative effects of its operations on the environment.
KASKTAŞ believes that all work related accidents/injuries, occupational diseases and environmental incidents and property losses are preventable, and that higher HSE performance is in line with good and effective management practices. KASKTAŞ is committed to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all personnel with its “Zero Accident” philosophy.
KASKTAŞ’s Health, Safety & Environmental Objectives
- To be a sector leader in the implementation of HSE regulations
- To provide training for all personnel to establish and maintain HSE culture
- To establish procedures for the reporting, recording and investigating of all incidents, near misses and/or dangerous occurrences in order to develop the necessary preventative measures
- To establish and maintain procedures for the identification of hazards, the assessment of risks and the implementation of necessary control measures
- To mitigate environmental impacts of the activities by effective envionmental procedures and implementations
- To use natural resources economically
- To instill a common belief that injury, illness and loss in the workplace are preventable through all employees’ cooperation and adherence to the systems and procedures developed for each and every task undertaken.